Pink Floyd Guitar Lessons
Learn how to play the songs by Pink Floyd note-for-note on guitar with The Pink Floyd Guitar Lessons. Each lesson includes the playthru, video lesson, songsheet with chords and tab.
I’ve taken a variety of approaches to the lessons. Let me lay out, song-by-song, what you get:
- Brain Damage / Eclipse: This one is the guitar part for a solo singer-guitarist version of the song. In Brain Damage it follows the guitar part on the original pretty faithfully, but Eclipse here is strummed to give it extra energy.
- Breathe: You get the electric rhythm part from the album version, the acoustic part from Gilmour’s solo acoustic performance of the song, and a lesson covering the pedal steel part, although played on a slide guitar.
- Cirrus Minor: Teaches the acoustic guitar part as played on the original
- Crying Song: This one has lessons for the rhythm acoustic guitar part and the lead solo as per the original track
- Dogs: This one has every acoustic rhythm part and every solo part. It’s a complete deconstruction of the song as recorded.
- Fat Old Sun: This one covers the rhythm guitar part and the lead solo as played on the original
- Fearless: Covers the rhythm guitar part in open tuning, which is the dominant part on the record. Doesn’t cover any lead part.
- Grantchester Meadows: Contains separate lessons for both Roger’s and Dave’s acoustic guitar parts.
- Green Is The Colour: Contains lessons for the rhythm acoustic part and for the acoustic solo from the introduction.
- The Nile Song: Teaches the rhythm electric part from the original track.
- Us and Them: Arranged for the solo singer-guitarist. It teaches an arrangement of the song for one guitar (and voice)
- Wish You Were Here: A complete deconstruction of the song. Covers the rhythm 12-string part, the acoustic solos and the electric solos from the central section of the track.
Click on any of the song titles to see a clip from the start of the lesson. (The free one you can download in its entirety.)
You’ll receive at least two videos per song, one lesson and one performance-standard play-through. You’ll also receive the chords/lyrics and guitar tabs as PDF files.
The videos are mp4 format and should play on PC’s, Macs and most mobile devices.
They will download as Zip files. If you don’t have a Zip program on your PC you’ll need to install one to open the file. .
If you want to download to an iPad or iPhone, please read here.
Leave a Reply